Elevate Family Night with Chef John Tesar’s One Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta
Whether it’s your back patio or porch, your couch or your dining room table… family meals are making a comeback. In a big way. Chef Tesar took a few minutes to share a one pot dish that will elevate your next family meal with simple flavor, fresh greens and healthy protein.
Share this budget friendly dish with your family, a group of friends or make a big pot for your weekly meal prep. This recipe is simple enough that anyone can master it and Chef John Tesar provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the entire cooking process. Watch this quick video for a no-fuss dish that you will love. Serve family style with a crusted baguette to sop up the lemony sauce.
Chef John Tesar’s One Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta
For less than $20 this one pot lemon pepper chicken pasta dish won’t break your budget. Chef John Tesar’s recipe will elevate your next family dinner with flavor and culinary fun.
- 8 oz. Spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 10 oz. of baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into pieces
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 32 oz carton of chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cube chicken and season well with kosher salt. Tip: Chicken thighs are more affordable, and they will be juicier than chicken breasts which tend to dry out if overcooked.
- Heat a deep pan or Dutch oven and add small amount of cooking oil. Drop in chicken and don’t touch for a minute while it develops a dark, crispy sear. Then, move around in the pan to get a nice golden brown. Before completely done, remove and set aside.
- Remove pan from heat and add minced garlic and then add back to heat and deglaze with chicken stock. Scrape meaty bits from the bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add spaghetti and simmer on medium heat for 13 to 15 minutes. Add a healthy sprinkle of salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- When the pasta is nearly done, fold in fresh spinach leaves until they wilt. Add back in chicken. Add butter and more salt to taste. Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Eat with a crusty baguette and enjoy.
If you are able, please take a moment today to make a donation. Any gift, no matter the amount, can be the difference between hunger and hope for a child.
Chef John Tesar
Never one to shy away from controversy or the limelight, renown Chef John Tesar’s life choices are just as daring and bold as his cuisine. The four-time James Beard “Best Southwest Chef” semifinalist and “Top Chef” contestant specializes in modern American cuisine prepared with authentic European techniques, served up to his legion of fans who flock to his Dallas-based steakhouse – Knife. Tesar’s no-nonsense personality and sharp culinary perspective have garnered high-profile acclaim throughout his 20+ year career including national nods from Esquire (named to “Best New Restaurants” for two consecutive years), Food & Wine, New York Magazine, The New York Times, appearances on “The Today Show,” “The Early Show” and winning the inaugural season of the Food Network’s "Extreme Chef." Visit johntesar.com to learn more about this talented chef with a heart for helping hungry kids.