As we face another hurricane season, Feed the Children is ready to help provide families with emergency food, essentials, Kids Disaster Packs and more, thanks to support from friends like you.
We’d also like to share a few short and potentially life-saving tips to help you and your loved ones stay safe during storm season.
Top Disaster Tips:
- Create a plan with your family.Include evacuation routes, emergency numbers, shelter possibilities and a communication strategy.
- Build a disaster kit.Fill it with bottled water, non-perishable snacks, flashlights, batteries, sanitation items, important documents and first aid kits.
- Practice the plan. Rehearse evacuation routes and where to go for shelter. Memorize emergency numbers to strengthen the family plan.
- Stay informed. Have a reliable resource for emergency alerts, such as phone apps and an emergency radio. Check social media for shelters, best evacuation routes and to assess local damage.
- Tackle storm anxiety head on. Allowing kids to talk through their fears and concerns can help parents adjust the plan to fit their needs.
With a little planning you can be prepared to face storm season with confidence so that you can protect yourself and your family.
If you are able, please take a moment today to make a donation. Any gift, no matter the amount, can be the difference between hunger and hope for a child.