Giving Through Your Work
Donating through your employer’s workplace giving campaign is a simple way to help hungry children and their families give hunger an expiration date. Many companies will even match your donation, doubling or tripling the impact of your gift! This benefit is very fulfilling and you won’t even feel the pinch from your paycheck. Yet, at the end of the year, every penny is tax deductible and can make a big difference in your annual IRS tax filing.
Benefits of Workplace Giving
Workplace giving has great benefits for employers:
- Shows you care about the causes that matter to your employees.
- Improves employee morale, loyalty and engagement.
- Improves your company’s image by publicly demonstrating your commitment to philanthropy.
- The campaign helps build a sense of community among the workforce.
- Employees look favorably on their employer for conducting a charitable giving campaign.
It also has benefits for employees:
- Employees sign up annually and their gift is spread throughout the year, making it easier to give a larger gift.
- Streamlined charitable donations through payroll deduction.
- Tax-deductible contributions when employees give to Feed the Children through workplace giving campaigns.
- Employees like helping others.
Support Feed the Children at your workplace:
- Federal Employees Combined Federal Campaign: Approximately 4 million federal employees are solicited annually throughout the United States and overseas to donate to eligible non-profit organizations that provide health and human service benefits throughout the world. The campaign’s season is generally, September 1 through December 15. Check with your agency for exact dates for any given year. Feed the Children’s CFC number is #10986.
- State, County, or Municipal Employees: Feed the Children participates in numerous state, county, and municipal employee campaigns. Check your campaign brochure to see if Feed the Children is an option.
- Private Company Employees: Feed the Children is also a choice in the workplace giving campaigns of more than 100 companies across the country. Look for us in your employer’s workplace giving campaign or ask your human resources department how to write us in.
- United Way: Many United Way campaigns offer a “write-in” option. Please write in the complete name – Feed the Children, Tax ID/EIN 73-6108657. United Way campaigns vary in their processes and in rules governing the distribution of donations within each local or regional campaign. Check with your Human Resource department for clarification.
- Events: Feed the Children can participate in your workplace giving event, charity fair or kick-off. Please email email@example.com if you would like us to participate in your event.
For any additional questions, contact Rhonda.Watson@feedthechildren.org or call at 1-800-627-4556 x5401
Can my employer match my gift?
Your gift to Feed the Children could help twice as many hungry children. Currently, 23,000 employers offer matching gift programs that double or even triple charitable contributions made by their employees. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses, too. And many employers also offer volunteer matching programs that match employee volunteerism with corporate donations!
For every dollar you give, you’re really giving two dollars.
To find out if your company matches gifts, use the convenient search tool below or ask your human resources or community relations department — they’ll be able to give you the details.
If you’re an employer who’d like to offer your employees the benefit of matching gifts, we’d love to help.
Contact Juli Marino, development operations supervisor, at 1-800-627-4556 or email us, to set it up!
Set Up Your Workplace Giving Campaign
Workplace Giving provides a powerful incentive for the business and its employees to give hunger an expiration date! It sends employees a clear message that your company is invested in children and your community. If your company does not have a workplace giving program, please ask your employee benefits director to contact America’s Charities at 800-458-9505 or visit their website at www.charities.org for more information.
How You Can Help:
- Ask your employer if you can make Feed the Children the “Featured Charity” in the campaign kick-off event
- Encourage your co-workers to support Feed the Children
Feed the Children can support your workplace campaign with:
- Collateral and materials to help your colleagues understand why ending hunger takes a group effort
- Content for digital, social, video or live events sharing children’s stories and the direct impact your donations make (hopefully, marketing can assist with this)
See more about Corporate Partnerships