Avery & Feed The Children
Avery partners with Feed The Children to make school, home office and office supplies available for donation to qualifying organizations. Products available for donation typically consist of surplus and recently renovated or discontinued products.
Please note that all products carried by Avery are not available for donation. While your organization may request specific types or categories of products, the availability of product is limited to the inventory at Feed The Children distribution centers. Feed The Children will make every effort to provide the types or categories of products that are requested.
For more than three decades, Feed The Children has grown into one of the world's largest private organizations dedicated to helping hungry and hurting people. Last year, Feed The Children shipped 133 million pounds of food and other essentials to children and families in all 50 states and internationally.
To partner with Feed The Children and Avery, please review our list of frequently asked questions:
Is my organization eligible to receive donations of Avery products?
Donations are given to organizations recognized as 501(c)(3) charity or to educational institutions. (See this IRS document in PDF format on applying for tax exempt status)
Additional eligibility criteria and guidelines are:
- Fill out and return the Avery Application and supporting documents to Feed The Children
- Promise never to charge for the goods provided by Feed The Children and Avery
- Secure storage must be provided and cannot be located in a private residence
- Provide a description of how individuals qualify to receive product and the methods used to determine that recipients are needy
- Product must be given to individuals who are genuinely in need
- Product may not be used for fundraising, church dinners, distribution to the general congregation of a church, or distribution to the general public
- Product also may not be used to attract interest in your organization or events
- Examples of this would be handing out product such as candy or chips with flyers to attend your church or using jewelry or cosmetics as prizes or in goody bags at fundraising events
- Product must be given regardless or gender, race, or religious background
How long does the approval process take?
Applications requesting Avery items are processed promptly, with most determinations given within 7-10 business days upon receipt of all needed documentation. Some applications may take longer, but all Avery requests are handled with priority.
What is the process if my organization is approved?
If your organization meets all of the criteria and is approved to receive donations from Avery, a notification is given to the person listed as the primary point of contact. The preferred method of notification is email.
The approval confirmation contains contact information for the Consignment Coordinator overseeing the distribution of available Avery donations. The Feed The Children Consignment Coordinator will be able to advise on what items and amounts are available for your organization.
Please remember, the approval of your application does not guarantee donations will be available.
What types of items are available?
Avery partners with Feed The Children and provides various items in their inventory. Many of the items donated come from a stock surplus. These items might consist of any product on their website. The range of items available will vary; however, these items generally consist of office products, office supply products and educational supplies.
While an assortment of products might be supplied, not all products carried by Avery are available for donation. While your organization is able to request specific items, the availability is based solely on the inventory at Feed The Children. Since availability is based upon the excess products Avery provides, specific items and/or colors are not guaranteed.
Are there any fees required to receive Avery donations?
Feed The Children provides all donations free of charge; however, your organization is responsible for either picking up or covering shipping costs for the products received.
Meet all the guidelines? Apply to be part of the program: Download the Avery Application